Aerated Static Pile Technology (ASP) is one of the most efficient methods of composting.
Here’s how it works:
● The aeration system distributes air through the biomass to enhance composting conditions. All process air exhausts through a bio-layer (woodchips).
● Optimized process conditions drive faster composting while generating minimal odors and other regulated air emissions.
● The system features dynamically controlled aeration with a wide range of air delivery rates required to keep oxygen and temperature at Best Management Practice levels throughout the pile.
● Compost is kept in outdoor concrete bunkers.
● Excellent volatile organic compound (VOC), greenhouse gas (GHG), and odor control using site-built bio-layers and surface irrigation
● Ability to process feedstocks at irregular loading rates
● Compact site footprint which minimizes contact water impact
● More efficient process
● Automated controls to record temperatures